Break from Conventional Thinking to Improve FasterFaster improvement requires a break from the conventional thinking about process and organization change methods. Through more than two decades of research and experience we've uncovered four key principles for achieving faster and better results from change initiatives.
1. Tap Existing Know-How First.
- On average, organizations utilize less than 10% of their workforce in continuous improvement activities.
- Close to 70% or more of the improvement potential within organizations is typically sitting "on the ground" within reach of employees. The Fast-Change Approach employs simple and reliable tools to get more employees off the sidelines and into the change game.
2. Avoid the "One Size Fits All" Trap.
- Improvement opportunities differ in scope, complexity and requirements for taking action.
- Participation and engagement is broadened by employing a bigger toolbox with multiple methods that fit different situations and experience levels. The Fast-Change Approach harmonizes tools and methods from Lean, Six SIgma, Innovation and Workout to get better returns.
3. Train and Launch Improvement Teams "Just-in-Time", Not Just-in-Case.
- Inventory that sits is waste - the same is true with training and continuous improvement tools.
- For leaders and employees "busy running the organization", make it easier to participate by training as improvement projects are launched. The Fast-Change Approach gets leaders and employees engaged on a learn-as-you-improve basis.
4. Execute Improvement Projects in Sprints, Not Marathons.
- Motivation to change is highly perishable with people who don't do continuous iprovement as their full-time job.
- Improvement projects that "drag on forever" sap motivation. To maximize energy and results, design improvement projects to complete within 60 to 90 days. The Fast-Change Approach utilizes a proven Rapid Improvement Roadmap to guide any initiative to results in 60 to 90 days.
The Bottom Line:
Leap Technologies' Fast-Change Approach will improve returns on any change initiative - start-up or existing - with modest investment that is quickly returned in bigger results and more engaged leaders and employees.
Learn more about Leap Technologies' Fast-Change Products & Services »